Feb 11, 2009

Lime Sulphur Spray



I sprayed Lime Sulphur spray on the roses and gardenias. This must be done when the temperature is between 45 and 65 degrees, with no rain eminent, and not withing 10 - 14 days of an oil spray. I'll do the oil spray in the 3rd week of Feb.
The winter anual weeds seem to be less prominent this year. Maybe my dilligent pulling of them previously has had an effect. I've gone to using the weed eater to skalp any that I see, as opposed to hand weeding. A "St Augustine" weed and feed did a good job of killing the big spot of clover. Time will tell if it also kills the Ipomea.

2018 update. I no longer spray roses. The lemon meringue roses have largely died out at this point mainly due to their susceptibility to fungus. Other roses thrive without care, eutin being my favorite. The older heirloom varieties are far more robust than the modern hybrids. Only a few lemon meringue remain on the fence now.

No comments: